Sign up to Shop Watch
Our Shop watch scheme aims to reduce and prevent crime and anti-social behaviour, in order to create a safer and more secure environment within the BID area.
The online platform enables businesses to share information and intelligence between Suffolk Constabulary and other local businesses signed up to the scheme. Businesses wishing to take part in Shop Watch are provided with a secure login and are able to view details of crimes reported, report crimes committed, report damage and input intelligence reports. The programme also provides businesses to issue banning orders for those who have been caught shop lifting on more than one occasion.
Do you have what it takes to crown the title of the annual Pancake day race?
Lowestoft Vision invites you to take part in this year’s annual Lowestoft Pancake Day race challenge.
This year’s event, organised by Lowestoft Vision, will take place on Tuesday 13th February 2018 at 12pm on London Road North outside Beales department store. The annual event is very popular with the teams that enter and spectators alike.
Excited onlookers will be entertained by the Mascot race starting shortly after 12pm. Following this will be the main Pancake Day relay race, it will see home-grown teams of three duel against each other over a short course, flipping pancakes as they dash the distance.
The hilarious contest will be broken down into heats followed by semi-finals and a final.
Please step up to this year’s fun encounter, complete and return the entry form by Friday 1st February 2018 to play your part.
Chef’s hat will be provided, trophies will be presented to the winning team and to the individual who has the best ‘flipping’ technique.
Fancy dress is also highly encouraged, however this is not compulsory.
Let’s enjoy, let’s get the town buzzing with a vibrant, light hearted, good humoured, traditional event.
Please complete your entry form here.
Race format and guidelines :
- Each team and mascot to bring their own frying pan.
- Each mascot to bring a friend to help race with if needed.
- All to enrol with Ann-marie Doggett and Amie Mullen at the course start/finish line no later than 11.45am.
- Mascot race will start just after 12pm (after photo shoot).
- The team relay race will be broken down into heats followed by semi-finals and a final.
- The team race is a relay, each team member must complete the course flipping the pancake (provided) 3 times at the midway point along each section of the course (failure to do this will result in going back to the starting line and begin again, hahaha).
- If participant allows a pancake to fall, he or she must return to the starting line and begin again.
- Members from each team will run in relay wearing traditional chefs hats (provided). The chef’s hat, pancake and the frying pan must be exchanged intact before the next member of the team can proceed.
- If the chef’s hat falls off/dropped then it must be picked up and put back on.
- The pancakes must be tossed 3 times at the midway point along both sides of the course, to a minimum height of a foot each time.
- The winning team is the first team past the post whose 3 members have completed the race and removed the chef’s hat.
- Gentlemanly and ladylike behaviour will be strictly observed at all times.
- Frying pans, surplus pancakes, eggs, flour or butter must not be used as weapons or thrown as missiles towards other teams or spectators.
- THE JUDGES DECISION IS ALWAYS FINAL.
Join us for our first retailers Breakfast at Tesco Metro on London Road North.
Please click on the link to cinfirm your attendance
Our Christmas Spectacular begins with the biggest Christmas parade Lowestoft has ever seen, commencing at 4pm from Station Square and finishing at Marina Theatre. A special Santa Train will be looping the town centre for the duration of the event on London Road North, simply pay as you ride. Bring your little ones in their festive fancy dress.
There will also be a fun fair, face painting, bouncy castle, giant snow globe, Reindeer and two Christmas Fayres with food, drink and gifts on offer, linking the entire town centre to make it a Spectacular event! Oh, did we mention the FREE PARKING!*
****** We are asking all businesses to stay open till 8pm *******
Full event map can be viewed here:
Discover Festive Fun at Christmas with Discover Lowestoft, a project of Lowestoft Vision
*Free parking from 4pm in all surrounding car parks, excluding Railway Station Car Park
Saturday 18th November 3pm - 6pm
Come down & get festive with the Lowestoft Light switch on. There's entertainment from 3pm with performances by Group A, Breeze Redwine and Mark Read from boy band A1, along with members of the Panto cast Aladdin and other VIP’S.
Members of the public will be in with the chance of entering our free competition for one very lucky family to win the incredible opportunity to press that magic red button and turn on the Lowestoft Christmas lights at 5pm by finding our four Christmas Elves on the Shelves hidden in shops in the town centre.
This event is hosted by The Beach Radio
Plus there will be the Transport museum’s Santa Bus, fun fair and food.