Due to popular demand Lowestoft Vision will once again be hosting the annual Turtle Trail this coming summer. To help us prepare for the trail we are asking Lowestoft Vision members who would like to home a turtle for the period of the trail to provide expressions of interest.
The trail will take place on from Saturday 16th July through to Sunday 4th September and will launch as part of the Lowestoft Festival.
There will be 18 Turtles in this year’s trail with the theme being all around the world to provide a link to events such as this summer’s Rio Olympic Games. Each turtle will be decorated to represent a county from around the world.
Lowestoft Vision are currently working on a number of designs as well as working with local schools to provide design.
As with previous years Lowestoft Vision will be designing trail maps for the community and visitors to use. The idea is for customers to find each turtle and record the country it represents on the trail map. Each correctly completed entry form will go into a draw to win a £1,000 cash.
We will also be introducing a weekly prize via social media to promote the trail and encourage customers to complete the trail more than once. Each week we will be featuring an individual turtle and asking customers to post a turtle selfie with that turtle to the Discover Lowestoft Facebook page. Each post will go into the weekly draw.
How businesses can take part
Lowestoft Vision are now looking for locations for the 2016 Turtle trail. The terms and conditions of being included in the trail as:
- Must be a Lowestoft Vision levy payer or Friends of Lowestoft Vision member
- The Turtle must be visible 7 days per week during core shopping hours, businesses which are not open during these hours must display the turtle in the shop window
- Agree to provide a decorative display based on the country of the turtle around the turtles location whether this be in the store or in the shop window
- Provide a prize to a minimum value of £50 which will be used to promote the trail, this prize can be from your own stock or a purchased item.
- Agree to pay a fee of £100 plus vat for the turtle
- Agree to return the turtle to Lowestoft Vision at the end of the trail
- Agree to collect entry cards and distribute trail maps for the period of the trail.
Once all requests are in Lowestoft Vision will decide on the locations of the turtles, judging will be scored on the following
- Location (We will be ensuring the trail covers the BID area)
- Prize provided (we will be judging entries on the prizes which businesses can provide, please keep in mind the trail is aimed at families.)
- We will be judging entries on how businesses plan to support the trail and create a decorative area to place the trail
- We will be judging on any other ways in which business can support the trail.
If you would like to host a turtle for the summer please complete the application form, which you find by clicking here, and return to Lowestoft Vision by the 30th April 2016.